The Home Page
The Home Page is a customizable HTML page that is shown as a tab in your workspace, along side your Calendar, Grids, MindMaps and other views. By default, it look as such:
- Today's events
- Links to your Calendar
- Links to web pages
- Links to Favorite and Marked items
- Links to Favorite and Recently used Grids
Clicking on any link will show the corresponding information
If more than one Home Page is defined, << and >> navigation buttons are shown in the upper right corner. Click these to switch to a different Home Page.
1.0 Managing Home Pages
You can have as many Home Pages as you wish. For example:
- One per project, showing project related information and links
- One for work and a different one for home
- Any other information such as FAQs
1.1 Adding / Removing a Home Page
Any item's HTML page can become a Home Page.
Managing Home Pages is done through the HTML Pane. Simply select an item and in the HTML Pane, set Menu > File > Use as Home Page:
The Home Page will instantly update to show the current HTML content.
To remove a page of the Home Page list, uncheck Use as a Home Page.
1.2 Modifying a Home Page
Modifying the default Home Page
The Default Home Page is stored in User files Folder\HomePage.htm. In a future version, modifying this will be improved, but currently, the easiest way is to follow these steps:
- Create an item. Set the item text to Default Home Page
- In the HTML pane, do Menu > File > Open and select HomePage.htm in your User files folder (See Tools > Help > About > Support to find the location of the user files folder)
- You can now use the HTML pane to modify it
- Optionally, you can set that item as a Favorite, to easily refer to it later on (It will also show in the default Home Page, along side your other Favorites)
Modifying user Home Pages
To modify a user home page:
- Show that Home Pane
- To the right of the home page navigation buttons, click on the "..." button. This will show the page in the HTML pane where you can make changes
- Click save when done.
- Click on the Home Page and press F5 to refresh it
Home Page Content
For Home Pages, the HTML pane can be one of 4 types:
- Embedded content (default)
- Local HTML file (Link to a local file)
- Local MHT file (Link to a local file)
- A web page
In terms of content, the main purpose of the Home Page is to provide links to pertinent information, such as relavant items, grids, pivot tables, mapviews, etc
Typically, these are created as hyperlinks:
1.3 Using Tokens
In addition to regular hyperlinks, the Home Page supports tokens which will generate content for you. Currently these are:
- [AllGrids]: All grids, sorted alphabetically
- [Calendar]: Hyperlink to the Calendar
- [CurrentDate]: Today's date
- [EventsToday]: Lists today's events
- [FavoriteItems]: Favorites items
- [Grids]: List of grids as shown on the toolbar
- [GridGroup:Group1]: All grids that belong to grid group Group1. To set groups, enter a comma delimited list of groups in Grid Properties > Other > Groups
- [MarkedItems]: Marked items
- [NbEventsToday]: Number of event today
- [RecentGrids]: List recently opened grids, most recent first (Qty=15)
- [WinUser]: Windows login ID
2.0 Using Home Pages
Using Home Pages is quite simple. In can be used in a number of ways, but the 2 most common are
- Always visible vertical pane
- Only visible when active
2.1 Always visible
Set the Home Page tab in a group of its own, with grids and other view in one or more groups to the right:
Hyperlinks in the Home Page will be shown in the right group.
2.2 Only visible when active
Set other grids and views in the same group as the Home Page:
Hyperlinks will open in the largest group. Press Alt + 1 to show the Home Page. Press Alt + 1 again to return to the current tab.
2.3 Keyboard shortcuts
- Alt + 1 to toggle between the Home Page and the current tab
- Alt + < (or Alt + double-click) to show the previous Home Page.
- Alt + > (or double-click) to show the next Home Page.
- F5 to refresh the Home Page